What Is Your Back Pain Stopping You From?!?
Every day, people tell us about how they didn't realize how much their aching, nagging back pain actually was affecting their lives...
and that they can't understand why they let things get so bad before they finally sought the help they needed - and deserved.
If you’ve got lower back pain, stiffness or an ache - it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from...
There’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be going away!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, Lower Back Pain and Sciatica is THE most common problem that we see at Victory.
And when it comes to living with back pain, everybody we see wants to know
“Why is This Happening to Me?” or “Why Am I Still Suffering With Back Pain After Putting Up With It For so long?"
Most people think that when they get Back Pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if back pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with back pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our clinic is when people go to the doctors, and the doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 30-50 are suffering with chronic lower back pain.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why else does back pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your back pain was caused by doing something - like lifting or sleeping awkwardly - but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your lower back to become weak and the lifting of the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing - back pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Back Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help your back, and as soon as they wore off chronic back pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets Back pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physio in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You tried YouTube exercises but they either didn’t do a thing, or made your Back pain ten times worse
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your Back pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a phone consultation with one of our physical therapists. The consultation is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next with your back pain.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Back Pain Quickly?”
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that back pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed... Or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your back pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a physical therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your back even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and long periods of rest - ever tried to get up from the sofa after resting for a while, but you struggle because your back feels so painful and tight? That’s because one of the worst things you can do that adds to back pain is rest, and sit for long periods of time. Too much rest, and sitting in awkward positions makes your back stiff and tight. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Ge real, “hands-on” physical therapy - Physical therapy is proven to help people with low-back pain. In fact at Victory Performance and Physical Therapy it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your back pain is affecting your job, your ability to keep active, if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - physical therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the team at Victory can help you live with less back pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment.
Note: This Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with this free visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Victory Performance and PT Help You Get Rid of Your Back Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your Back pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
We can help you avoid dangerous spinal surgery - and painful injections
We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that back pain has stolen from you
We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
We can help you to sit more comfortably and walk longer than 15 minutes without your back feeling weak and painful or like it is going to “give-way”...
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic back pain
If you want to get some more information, schedule a free consultation in person or over the phone!
Check out what people are saying about us!
"AFTER 9 MONTHS OF BACK PAIN, I FINALLY FOUND VICTORY! I AM PAIN FREE AND NO LONGER MISSING OUT ON SURFING."
"MY WHOLE OUTLOOK ON TRAINING HAS CHANGED SINCE COMING TO VICTORY! MY BACK IS NOW PAIN FREE DURING WEIGHTLIFTING AND I'M READY TO TAKE CARE OF MY BODY."