What Is Your Neck Pain Stopping You From?!?
Every day, people tell us about how they didn't realize how much their aching, nagging neck pain is actually affecting their lives...
and that they can't understand why they let things get so bad before they finally sought the help they needed - and deserved.
If you’ve got neck pain, stiffness or an ache - it’s very tempting to think that it’s nothing, that it will go away on its own. Or, you pass it off as having just “slept awkwardly”, or that it’s just a “spasm” or a bit of stiffness that “everyone” your age suffers from...
There’s no obvious reason why it happened - but it doesn’t seem to be going away!
If that’s happening to you, you’re not alone - and we hear this type of thing all the time. In fact, neck pain is THE most common problem that we see at Victory.
And when it comes to living with neck pain, everybody we see wants to know...
“Why is This Happening to Me?” or “Why Am I Still Suffering With neck Pain After Putting Up With It For so long?"
Most people think that when they get neck pain, it’s just going to go away on it’s own.
That they’ll wake up one morning and like “magic”, it’ll be as if neck pain never happened… But then 6 months later you’re still living with neck pain - often even worse than it was when it came on.
Does That Sound Like You?
Another scenario we see all the time in our clinic is when people go to the Doctors, and the Doctor tells them to rest and “try these painkillers” and “see how it goes”.
But this is rarely ever the best advice and often 6 weeks later, they end up going back to the Doctor again because it hasn’t got any better. Worse, they’re often given yet another prescription of even stronger pills, and advised MORE rest. This is madness and explains why so many people aged 30-50 are suffering with chronic neck pain.
Has This Type Of Thing Happened To You?
Why else does neck pain last longer than it should do? Well, it’s easy to get confused because you’ve been told different things, by different people. There’s lots of people out there who are happy to dispense advice - but not all of it is credible.
Maybe you think your neck pain was caused by doing something - like lifting or sleeping awkwardly - but really it was caused by years and years of poor posture that caused the muscles in your neck to become weak and the lifting of the awkward sleeping position was just the EFFECT of that.
If you don’t know what you’re doing - neck pain can be very confusing and because of this, many people just end up accepting it as ‘part of life’ - as if it’s normal, and ‘just the way it is’.
Do You Feel That Way Too?
If You’re Currently Living With Neck Pain, Here’s 7 More Reasons Why It Could Be Lasting Longer Than It Should:
1. You thought it would go away on it’s own - but it didn’t
2. You went to the Doctor who told you to rest and take painkillers - but the pills did nothing to help your neck, and as soon as they wore off chronic back pain struck again
3. A family member, or friend, told you that everybody gets neck pain as they get older, so you just accepted it
4. You tried other Healthcare Professionals, or a Physical Therapy in the past, but nothing they said or did seemed to help
5. You've tried using things like heat pads or TENS but they've done nothing to help make the pain better
6. You thought it would be a good idea to rest because your neck pain was so bad, but all that did was make it feel even more stiff and tight
7. You decided to get a few “massages” hoping that would fix the pain, but all they did was feel nice and relaxing, and didn’t do anything to fix it long term…
If any of these have happened to you - we would love to help you by inviting you to book a call to talk with one of our physical therapists to find out what can be done to help you. The fact that you’ve tried any or all of these things already is actually a GOOD THING because when you know what doesn’t work - you are closer to finding the thing that does!
Click the link below to book a phone consultation with one of our physical therapists. The consultation is complimentary and there is no obligation to book any appointments. Our goal is to help you make the right decision about what to do next with your neck pain.
“What Can I Do To Get Rid Of MY Neck Pain Quickly?”
Well, here's 4 things you can do:
1. First off, you need to make a decision about getting help. So many people procrastinate for so long, thinking that neck pain will ‘just go away with time’, but then 6 months down the line they’re still putting up with it, and nothing’s changed... Or it gets worse
2. Next, do the RIGHT exercises - one of the best things to help you ease your neck pain is to do the right series of progressed exercises - the right exercises given to you by a physical therapist will help reduce pain, and allow you to move freely again quick - and make sure that the problems don’t come back anytime soon (or aggravate your neck even more like some exercises do).
3. Avoid sitting and sleeping in awkward positions - ever woken up with a painful neck? Or, after a long day spent sitting felt tightness? That's because one of the worst things you can do that adds to neck pain is siting with bad posture, and sleeping in awkward positions. It would really help if you were given appropriate strengthening exercises for better posture, alongside hands-on treatment, to get you active and healthy as quickly as possible.
4. Ge real, “hands-on” physical therapy - Physical therapy is proven to help people with neck pain. In fact, at Victory Performance and Physical Therapist it’s one of the most common injuries we see. If your neck pain is affecting your job, if your sleep is disturbed by tightness or tension, if it stops you from keeping active, or if it threatens your independence or gets in the way of spending quality time with family and friends - physical therapy can help get you back to living the life you deserve as quickly as possible.
If you would like to know how the team at Victory can help you live with less neck pain - we invite you to start with a completely free, no-obligation, risk free appointment.
Note: This Discovery Visit is something that we offer to people who are very nervous or skeptical about physical therapy - unsure of its benefits or if it is right for them. If that sounds like you, then please start with this free visit so that we can work with you to find out what is wrong and what can be done - without any financial risk on your part.
So the next question is:
“How Can Choosing to See a Physical Therapist at Victory Performance and PT Help You Get Rid of Your Neck Pain - In The Next Few Days?”
Here’s just a few of the things our Physical Therapy Team can do for you:
- We can quickly take away the pain and stiffness - often inside a couple of sessions
- We can help you find out what’s really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck pain once and for all - often inside 20 minutes
- Pain can “zap” you of energy and limit a peaceful nights sleep - we can help you to enjoy sleeping at night and living with more energy each day
- We will ensure that your problem is “corrected” and “healed” properly - and we will provide you with the perfect set of exercises that will speed up your recovery
- We can help you put an end to taking all of those painkillers that are no good for your health long-term
- We can help you avoid dangerous neck surgery - and painful injections
- We can help you keep out of the Doctor’s waiting room or from making repeat visits only to be given more pills!
- We can help you get back to enjoying quality time with family and friends that neck pain has stolen from you
- We can help you to finally get a good night’s sleep without tossing and turning trying to find that one position that feels right
- We can help you find out what's really going on, and get to the root cause of your neck pain once and for all
Basically, we can help you get back to living life free from the curse of chronic neck pain
If you want to get some more information, schedule a free consultation in person or over the phone!
Check out what people are saying about us!
"AFTER 9 MONTHS OF BACK PAIN, I FINALLY FOUND VICTORY! I AM PAIN FREE AND NO LONGER MISSING OUT ON SURFING."
"MY WHOLE OUTLOOK ON TRAINING HAS CHANGED SINCE COMING TO VICTORY! MY BACK IS NOW PAIN FREE DURING WEIGHTLIFTING AND I'M READY TO TAKE CARE OF MY BODY."