This Summer Chicken Stir-Fry recipe is a quick and easy, not to mention healthy, weeknight dinner that your family will love. Ready in under 25 minutes, this go-to summer chicken dish is colorful and packed with flavor. Pair with a simple green salad for the ultimate meal.
Stir-fry is a healthy, tasty way to incorporate a wide variety of vegetables into a meal. You can use tofu instead of chicken for another source of protein and a vegetarian option. Serve atop whole grain rice for a fiber boost.
Prep Time : 15 Mins
Cook Time : 6 Mins
Yield : 4 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat vinaigrette or Italian salad dressing
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into short, thin strips
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 cups (6 ounces) snow pea pods, cut diagonally in half
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut into short, thin strips (about 1 cup)
- 4 (1-inch) diagonally cut green onions (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
How to Make It
Combine dressing, soy sauce, and pepper flakes in a medium bowl; add chicken, tossing to coat.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add snow peas and bell pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes. Add chicken mixture; stir-fry 3 minutes. Add onions; stir-fry 1 minute or until chicken is thoroughly heated and vegetables are crisp-tender. Top with cilantro.
This awesome recipe was originally published on Health.com